Sunday, January 25, 2009

what matters most




this morning as I was thinking about todays post I got to wondering: what is it that is most important in a woman's beauty routine?


My first thought was mascara because I'm so obsessed with finding the perfect one but then I thought about what really makes or breaks a look. And the answer was quite simple; clear skin.


We all know that without clear/ healthy skin all the makeup in the world will not help you look beautiful.


So here are a few suggestions to assist with getting healthy skin:




  1. Wash your face everynight before bed!! Even if you have been out all night and are SO tired it is so important to rid your face of all the toxins and dirt that have been collecting all day.


  2. Moisturize! This is incredibly important. Our skin needs to be hydrated in order to function properly and to maintain resiliency. Once you figure out what your skin type is ( that will be adressed in a another post) get the proper moisturizer and use it daily


  3. Drink plenty of water! I know this seems silly and obvious but water really does help improve your overall health and keeps skin looking youthful and fresh well into your twilight years.


Those are the most important steps you can take (in my humble opinion) to improve the overall quality and appearance of your skin! I'm including some pics of a few of my favorite cleansers and moisturizers - good for all skin types; just to get you going.



Feel free to comment and ask questions!



1 comment: