Saturday, January 31, 2009
Now most sisters wouldn't be excited about something like that but because I am a student of the Beauty industry I am beside myself! I love products and helping people find that one thing that makes them feel fabulous. Wether it be getting clearer skin, lengthening eyelashes , discovering a great cleanser or scrub and sometimes just finding the right lip gloss.
So I recomended that he try Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser and Daily Facial Moisturizer as it is non-irrating and a good start for a newbie to the product world, reminded him not to buy the products the grocery store as they are more expensive and sent him on his way.
He calle about 3 days later super excited about the cleanser and how his skin felt and I'm feeling like a pretty good sister.
That got me to thinking about the recent expansion of Men's skincare products. This is a relatively new niche and I am going to be doing a little more research into all avenues.
Check back to see what I uncover!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
- Wash your face everynight before bed!! Even if you have been out all night and are SO tired it is so important to rid your face of all the toxins and dirt that have been collecting all day.
- Moisturize! This is incredibly important. Our skin needs to be hydrated in order to function properly and to maintain resiliency. Once you figure out what your skin type is ( that will be adressed in a another post) get the proper moisturizer and use it daily
- Drink plenty of water! I know this seems silly and obvious but water really does help improve your overall health and keeps skin looking youthful and fresh well into your twilight years.
Those are the most important steps you can take (in my humble opinion) to improve the overall quality and appearance of your skin! I'm including some pics of a few of my favorite cleansers and moisturizers - good for all skin types; just to get you going.
Feel free to comment and ask questions!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Being that I am a makeup artist and beauty JUNKIE I am always looking for the next great mascara or nail polish ( O.P.I. for Sephora in meet for drinks.....i'm just sayin)
I will post my favorites, whats hot in beauty/makeup and whats worth the money and whats not.
also if anyone has any requests for tips or tricks to get that great smoky eye or dewy complexion let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you!
So here are a few of my new favorites for 2009
- Lash Injection Pinpoint by Too Faced - I already love the original lash injection and this just defines the lashes that much more......
- M.A.C. - Studio Fix powder , prep & prime face protect - this will give you the flawless complexion we all crave but don't want to look like we're wearing makeup! ( thanks Marianne!)
- Rosebud Lip Salve- i am a lip balm, lip gloss, chapstick JUNKIE so when I find a balm that isn't sticky and still gives me a sexy sublte shine I am all for it!
So thats it for now.....until next time
funny, I used to think blogging was for people who had too much time on their hands but now I'm thinking it could be very therapeautic, not too mention informative.
so what do I post?
hmmm......since this is my first blog I guess I will just introduce myself.
I'm a makeup artist, mother to a wonderful little girl, girlfriend to the most magnificent man ( not too mention my best friend) and a student of the world.
I hope that my blogs will entertain, excite and enlighten those who read it and maybe catch up a few others on whats been goin on in my life over the last couple years.
So this morning, I woke up feeling not so hot. After staying at home all day yesterday taking care of the sweet pea and the BF, I kind of new it was going to come down on me but I thought I could fight it. Boy was I wrong.
I took a nap so I do feel much better and hopefully will be able to get some work done around the house and on the computer. That is if I don't cracked out on Facebook for hours......
But while I was wallowing this morning and trying to go back to sleep while my sick kid was in the next room I started to think about all that goes into being a mom and why as moms we have such guilt if we are not "perfect".
What is that about? Nobody is June Cleaver and lets face it - she was a FICTIONAL character! nobody can take care of everything all the time!
so to all my moms out there who feel guilty for not being a perfect susie homemaker, please understand that its okay to feel frazzled and its okay not to have dinner waiting when your significant other gets home and its okay to have laundry piled up and a not so spotless house.......as long as your family is happy - NOTHING else matters.