Thursday, May 3, 2012

Post Natal Necessities




Let's talk changing skin shall we?
I recently had a baby and there has been a drastic change in not only my skin but my skincare & makeup routine.
The extra hormones acquired while pregnant wreak havoc on a womans mood let alone her skin.
The most important thing though is to be sure to take good care of your skin. 
Exfoliate at least twice a week and make sure to moisturize!
My skin has been so dry since being pregnant and then having the baby that I have had to re-vamp my routine!
I use my Clairsonic Mia daily followed by a heavy moisturizer in the evening and a lighter version with SPF during the day.
product image
After having a baby the last thing you may want to do is put on a face full of makeup. However, I would suggest just doing enough to make you feel like yourself each day. It can be a huge boost to your self esteem when the rest of your body is out of sorts.
I've personally noticed more of a pep in my step when I took the time to "put on a little rouge" as my Grandmother used to say.
You may be tired and sleep deprived but that does not mean you have to look like it!

My top three post natal necessities:
I highly recommend a great highlighter such as Smashbox's Halo Highlighting Wand to brighten up the cheek bones. The soft (not sparkly) glow will hit you in all the right places and the two colors (gold / pearl) will flatter any skintone.
product image
image via: Sephora

And let's not forget the other must have - Photo Op Under Eye Brightener
product image
image via: Sephora


It will make your dark circles a thing of the past and the brightening effect will have you ready to pose for pictures with your new little bundle of joy in no time!
Also on my post baby radar - Nars Blush in Orgasm
product image
image via: Sephora
I mean the name says it all but this color flatters every single skintone and complexion.
The light pop of color will help you look and feel like your old self again!

I don't always have time each day to do a full face of makeup but when I use these three products combined with a tinted moisturizer & mascara I find that I am in a better mood and feel much more myself even if I'm just sitting around the house in leggings and a tee!


What makeup products boosts your mood?

No comments:

Post a Comment