Friday, February 20, 2009

a worthwhile cause.....


Today's post is for a most worthwhile cause. My sister-in-love is running a 26.2 mile marathon on May 31’st for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society.
As you know when you join a charity you have to raise funds. She picked this particular cause because it supports major hospitals and their research departments to help pinpoint new medication for blood cancers which include: Hodgkin’s disease, cancer, lymphoma, leukemia and myeloma.
Please read the letter below and show your support by donating to this wonderful cause. Cancer can strike anyone, anywhere, anytime and at any age.
Hello Everyone! My name is Michelle Dorsey and I am participating in the Team -In-Training marathon for the Lukemia and Lymphoma Society.
One of the reasons why I choose to support this charity is because breast cancer runs in my family. I lost my close cousin to this illness a couple of years ago. I also had a similar scare a couple of months ago when I had to live thru 2 ½ months of not knowing if I had it or not. Fortunately I was blessed to be in the clear and was diagnosed as having a fibrous cyst instead of cancer.
As I went thru this ordeal I tried to put myself in the shoes of those actually having cancer and was not able to function. So I told myself that if everything came back okay I would give back somehow. So this is my promise that I am fulfilling today. This is not just for me but for my cousin and the other women in my family.
When you have a moment, please log on to my site and donate whatever you can to help support this society.

Also, for the ladies who are local I will be hosting a Ladies Big Hat luncheon on Saturday April 18th. Please email me and let me know if you would like to be put on the list
The cost and location of the event will be included on the invitations.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/rnr09/mdorseyz8i
Many thanks in advance,
Michelle L. Dorsey
Michelledorsey36@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment